24 December 2004

RIP Mark Linthicum, 1957-2004


Whomping Willow
Originally uploaded by dogfaceboy.
Oh, my dear, dear friend. I was looking forward to the songs we would write together in 2005. I was hoping to have shared a Libra birthday cake with you this October, when you turned my lucky number. I am grateful to have seen you in your black boxers on Halloween, a scary costume to be sure.

Oh, my dear friend. I wish my last picture of you had been the boxers. Still, I will remember you with the zest for life, the lust for music, and the passion for all things big and odd and strange. I will remember your hair and all its colors. I will remember your laugh, your button-down shirts. I will remember how you always treated me with kindness, how you corrected my typo that one time.

I'm sure I will remember those things after I finish crying my eyes out.

Mark, I love you, dear friend. You were not finished with the world, and we were surely not finished with you.





6 Comments:

Blogger leaveme alone said...

I am sorry you are feeling so sad right now. To lose a dear friend is always tremendously hard.

12/24/2004 2:03 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

For all his grumping about being unappreciated, I sure am happy to find all over the place that Mark really was. I grew up looking up to him, as did so many in the Baltimore scene. Different and sometimes difficult, but kind and sweet and so much fun. He was packed full of ideas and, man, it is a real crime that he didn't have the time. So much love.

12/26/2004 2:11 PM

 
Blogger Brownie said...

I'm so sorry. I really hoped this wouldn't be the outcome. You're in my thoughts. Love you. XO

12/27/2004 11:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, Doggy, I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending my love your way.
Michele

1/03/2005 12:28 PM

 
Blogger Cyber Church Cafe said...

The Whomping Willow is a beautiful tree you have captured by your photo in a beautiful landscape where the willow lives. Mark Linthicum is a beautiful person you have captured by your soul in a beautiful lifetime where Mark lives. Mark and the willow live still. I hope you can have Libra cake under the willow this month.

10/05/2005 1:22 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello again two years later. I see all the houses being decorated and know Baltimore is missing Mark on Christmas Street. Marco of WM Recordings and I have been talking with Dave Zidek about a tribute album for Mark. Right now, we have a Chenard Walcker tribute on the front burner, but there is definite interest in Mark's tribute in 2007. Has Dave spoken with you about singing?

12/19/2006 1:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home