The New Word is Scrivener
I was talking with a friend not more than three days ago, when he or she (menopause, sheesh) said (and this I remember verbatim), "One day soon, we'll download something that says Mac OS users, only."
The day has come.
Read about Verginia Heffernan's frustration (which is ours) with Microsoft Word here, at the New York Times. (Sorry if you have to log in, but it's good writing worth reading.)
Download Scrivener for a free thirty-day trial here.
7 Comments:
Scrivner sounds awesome, but I don't use a Mac. Have you heard of any non-MS text programs that work for windows?
1/06/2008 2:03 PM
Mary, I don't think so. The vindictive, jealous, elitist in me is kind of glad. Mac never a software for its users only. Nearly everything is Windows driven. I guess you can use WordPerfect—isn't that still around?
1/06/2008 2:32 PM
Download Scrivener? I would prefer not to.
Ha ha ha ha, that is funny and you will probably never know why!
1/06/2008 5:13 PM
Are you out of your mind? I'm a writer. I laughed until your second paragraph.
1/06/2008 8:04 PM
If I was a serious writer, I'd think I would buy it. It looks cool. I might try the download.
BTW...I've lost my chat contacts somehow. I don't know what happened.
1/12/2008 4:59 PM
Open Office is another one that Mary might be able to use.
I wanna MAC!!! I'm jealous. ;-)
1/16/2008 12:27 PM
I'm a very big fan of Scrivener, myself. But I've never tried the software program. :)
5/11/2008 11:58 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home