Speaking of Loneliness
I rarely write about politics or news or pop culture. So many others do it well, and I doubt my thoughts on most of those matters would amount to much.
But I am feeling blue today. The happy lovesickness of two weeks ago has mellowed and yellowed and has me still colorful on the outside but grey inside. Add to that the sinus headache from hell that cancelled my classes for me.
So my blueishness and yellowism lead me to a video that I find sadder than uplifting. I don't know much about "Free Hugs," featuring music by Sick Puppies, except what's on the blurb and what was written at the Sidney Morning Herald. But it touched me—made me well up, actually (OK, I lost it; are you happy now?), and I thought I'd pass it on to you, just in case you're not responsible for one of the 700,000 hits on this video.
Thanks go to Patrick for sharing. And hugs to all of you.
No question I'd have hugged the dude. How about you?
Read more about the importance of hugs in our daily lives, and then go give some. Though the sentiment is lovely, virtual hugs don't count.
5 Comments:
i hadn't seen this on YouTube even though i waste hours on there - thanks for sharing it! it made me feel really sad at first when he wasn't getting any hugs but people soon melted. maybe you need a hug too? in case you do - here's a cyberhug ( )
10/11/2006 2:13 PM
I'd have hugged him, too.....a real one(the "come closer" kind). Thank you, doggy, I needed this today.
OOOOOO's (those are hugs without kisses)
10/11/2006 4:10 PM
I loved that. I think I might make a button and wear it at work.
Sending more hugs!
10/11/2006 4:30 PM
what a bittersweet commentary on this long and lonelier road..one of the reasons finding you and others has been such sweet tonic - the knowing that others exist amidst the madness.
10/11/2006 10:18 PM
I would've hugged him. I love hugs. I loved how it changed from black and white to color once he got his first hug.
XO
10/13/2006 10:34 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home