Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie, and Bank of America
Baseball: Last Saturday's game did not find me bleeding—or even injured by finger pointing and name calling. My guess is that Tommy's mother, who was posse-less for most of the game, found safety in numbers or else she realized her mistake. I'm hopeful; I'll give her credit for the latter.
I walked by the woman, who positioned herself behind the backstop, while I sat in the shade with another mother and her sweet doggy, and there were no legs out to trip me. At one point, she even spoke, directly to me, about something as cheerful as the fact that we were winning.
I haven't changed my opinion about her. In fact, in the last inning, when our poor opponents, losing 10 to 3, were taking their last at bats, her son, the first baseman, decided to have a go at the pitcher's job and left his post to field a ball that he needed thrown to him.
"Tommy! That was your ball! You screwed up! How could you leave the base? Tommy, that was your fault!"
And as the opponents continued to get base hit after base hit and, eventually, even a home run, she screamed more: "Tommy! See what you did!? The game woulda been OOOOver! But all because of you, they've scored three runs. It's all your fault."
I was embarrassed for her and sad for the kid, who is just a kid. And then, while the losing team was still having their streak, she told me, loudly, "It's OK. We still won. They can only have nine at-bats, and it's impossible for them to catch up."
The good news, besides the fact that the blue team one, is that my daughter was four for four (the only one on her team!), drove in runs, scored her own runs, and made a great play for an out at second. She's a good sport and a competent player.
When it was all over, I congratulated Tommy on his great playing. I didn't mention his little mistake.
Bank of America: Well, the nice Jay Jacobs, who called me from headquarters with a promise that he'd call me back no later than Wednesday, May 3rd, didn't. I called him on the 5th, and he apologized, saying he still didn't have an answer. He'd call me back on the 9th.
Can you hear it coming?
He didn't.
Meanwhile, Susan Mandras has never called again. I have no clue what she's doing, if anything.
But someone has done something. I checked online, and my Visa has disappeared from my accounts. That's pretty good news. The automated bill pay reminders also ceased sometime last week.
But the reason for my post came in the mail today: my new statement from Visa, which not only lists that all the finance charges and late payments (nearly $250 worth) have been removed, but it also lists a credit of more than I owed to begin with.
Now what would you do? See, I'm thinking I wait a month on this, then ask them to send me a check for the credit. I'll use that money to pay my Home Equity loan.
Or perhaps I'll buy myself a nice new camera. And a hot dog and some apple pie for my husband and daughter.
1 Comments:
Don't spend it yet. They'll find it eventually and charge you interest on it.
5/13/2006 12:16 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home