02 January 2006

My Sweet Magnolia

"She’s got everything delightful, she’s got everything I need, / A breeze in the pines and the sun and bright moonlight, lazing in the sunshine yes Indeed." ~Grateful Dead, "Sugar Magnolia"


I was never a fan of the Grateful Dead. And, though I was able to track down the lyrics of this song based on my memory that such a song exists, I couldn't hum the tune. Still, the line describes what's perfect about the magnolia and my daughter.

Happy New Year, everyone! May your important goals be reached, your health be good, your vision be clear, and your outlook be optimistic. L'Chaim!

The Chinese have a saying (and it's not that wrongly attributed ancient Chinese curse): "It's better to be a dog in a peaceful time than to be a man in a chaotic period." Magnolias come from China (as does egg foo young), so those folks must know what they're talking about. And I like the part about being a dog. Woof!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home