More Poems About Goats and Rats
Take a peek at the wonderful Rock Heals site, as it's even wonderfuller this time around, with two poems by yours truly, the links to which can be found here.
I also have a poem, "Paleontology," in Sojourn Journal, but it is not, unfortunately, on the web, nor is it, it seems, available for sale! Drat!
And so, since I won't be interfering with sales, here is the poem for your reading pleasure.
paleontology
this is the birth of a poem:
when skin and bones crash
like surf and shoreline
one waiting for the other.
this is the birth of a poem:
broken backyard swing
in the shade of a privet,
eighty-pound fieldstone
in the shade of a broken
backyard swing,
dirt in shade of fieldstone,
box in shade of dirt,
bones in shade of box.
this is the birth of a poem:
a shovel,
a curious child.
2 Comments:
dogster, I think this is one of my all time favourites. You shared it with me once before and I'm so glad it's here now; I can come and visit in the shade any time I want.
Lovely.
1/25/2006 5:34 PM
I think you need more poems about goats!!!
Austin
3/17/2008 8:37 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home